We fully understand the role of the Responsible Person within EU Cosmetic Regulation 1223/2009 and the UK Cosmetic Regulation. We are able to adopt this position for brands or manufacturers, or alternatively, advise clients on the actions necessary if they wish to act as RP for their own products (if possible).
One of the requirements of the EU Cosmetics Regulation (EC) No. 1223/2009 and the UK is that every cosmetic product placed on the EU market has a designated Responsible Person (RP). The RP is legally responsible for the regulatory compliance of the cosmetic products and must be “established within the Community”. Products intended to be sold in the UK and the EU are subject to two different RP requirements (EU and/or UK RP).
This is significant because the Responsible Person is responsible for:
• Completing the Cosmetic Product Notification Portal (CPNP) Notification for the EU market or the Cosmetic Product Notifications (UK SCPN) in the UK
• Compiling and holding the Product Information File (PIF)
• Listing their name and address on the product packaging
• Ensuring the product is safe for use. They must be able to discuss technical and safety issues with the relevant Competent Authority, which requires access to potentially sensitive information.
• Post Market Surveillance to ensure that the provisions of the regulations are respected. It is key that RPs regularly survey their product range, especially as the brand owner/manufacturer could make a change to a product without informing their RP.
Since UK companies are no longer legal entities within the EU post-Brexit, we have a wholly owned subsidiary business in Dublin, Ireland, which can take on this role. Similarly, thanks to our Greater Manchester-based HQ, we can as the UK Responsible Person for EU businesses wishing to trade within the UK too. We can therefore offer a dual Responsible Person service, helping you gain regulatory compliance and seamless entry to both the EU and UK markets without having to deal with multiple service providers.
We hold full insurance cover for our Responsible Person services, and our complete EU Cos Reg process is ISO9001 accredited. We operate a fully secure data retrieval, storage and management system and regularly work to NDAs/CDAs.
For more information about our Responsible Person services, please contact us