Founded in 2001, MSL Solution Providers was established primarily for the cosmetics, personal care, and household cleansing markets, which are still at the core of our business today. Over the past 20 years, we have grown to a team of more than 30 people, who own 51% of the company following our move to an employee ownership model in 2019.
In 2022, we were honoured with a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade, specifically for our outstanding short-term growth. Just three years ago, we were servicing 25 countries; today, roughly half of our business comes from export sales to approximately 60 countries.
A complete service provider, we offer an integrated regulatory and laboratory testing service. Our in-house accredited microbiology and virology labs provide a comprehensive range of standard tests, including efficacy testing against bacteria, fungi, spores, viruses, mycobacteria, legionella, and algae. It also offers tailored solutions for specific testing needs, to support clients’ individual requirements. Our expertise includes disinfectant testing, cleanroom validation, and claim support for the BPR, as well as claims substantiation, auditing, and user trials.
Our specialism also includes the microbiological testing and regulatory compliance of cosmetics personal care products, with a customer base spanning five continents that includes raw material suppliers, manufacturers, and brand owners. As the UK’s largest 3rd party Responsible Person and offering ISO 9001 and insurance backed regulatory services, we are ideally placed to support your compliance needs.
We offer organisations an integrated approach resulting in products and services getting to market quickly, legally, and cost effectively, whilst still ensuring the highest standards of testing.
Uniquely our EU and UK Regulatory services are ISO 9001 accredited as well as being insurance backed. We also hold UKAS Accreditation No 4045 for many microbiology and virology tests, and are members of the following organisations and committees:
We also hold a number of key accreditations:
• Uniquely our EU and UK Regulatory services are ISO 9001 accredited as well as being insurance backed.
• The majority of our microbiology, including virology testing, is accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 (UKAS Ref 4045)
• We are ISO 14001 accredited for environmental sustainability, demonstrating our ongoing commitment to ensuring our operations minimise negative impact on the environment.
• We are ISO 27001 certified, recognising our proven compliance to the highest level of information security management.
• We are members of the following organisations and committees:
• ASTM International
• BACS – Biocide and Biosciences Group
• BACS – Personal Care Group
• BBLG – Bury Business Leadership Group
• BSI CH216 – Chemical Disinfectants and Antiseptics
• BTS – British Toxicological Society
• CEN TC/216 – Convenor of WG2 Veterinary Disinfectants
• CEN TC/216 WG 1, 2, 3 and 5
• CTPA (Cosmetics, Toiletry and Perfumery Association)
• CTPA – Claims and advertising working group
• CTPA – Compliance and Regulatory committee
• CTPA – GMP Working Group
• CTPA – Microbiology Working Group
• CTPA – Toxicology advisory group
• ERPA (European Responsible Person Association)
• IEC Standards Committee SC59A/WG3
• Irish Cleanroom Society
• New Zealand CTFA Membership
• PCPC – Personal Care Products Council
• RSC – Royal Society of Chemistry
• Royal Society of Chemistry, Society of Cosmetic Scientists
• The Society of Food Hygiene & Technology
• The Vegan Society
For a confidential and no obligation discussion, please contact us