Work With Us
MSL Solution Providers is one of the UK’s leading microbiological testing and regulatory companies, offering an integrated regulatory and in-house laboratory testing service for the cosmetics, personal care, and household cleansing markets.
Following our move to an employee-ownership model, our team collectively own a minimum of 51% of the company. As ‘beneficiaries’, we all have a say in our business, and strive to make it the best and most successful it can be.
The employee-owned business sector in the UK is growing because co-owned companies tend to be more successful, competitive, profitable and sustainable.
• Because we’re co-owners, staff in employee-owned businesses tend to be more entrepreneurial and committed to the company and its success.
• Because we have high employment standards, involve staff, and give everyone a stake, employee-owned businesses are better at recruiting and retaining talented, committed staff.
• Because we’re run in an open way, employee-owned businesses tend to have a strong commitment to corporate social responsibility and involvement with the communities they operate in.
Independent research suggests that a combination of shared ownership and employee participation delivers superior business performance. Employee-owned companies are more innovative because managers go out of their way to consult, share information about the company, and give staff responsibility.
In addition to being a beneficiary, we offer the following benefits:
• Competitive salary, reviewed annually
• Up to £3600 tax free bonus per year
• Automatic enrolment into our enhanced company pension scheme
• 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays. Increasing up to 30 days with service
• Private health care available to all employees
• Paid sick leave
• Free legal, financial and wellbeing support available 24/7 for all staff and their partners
• Training provided as applicable with development plans in place
• Academic qualifications available at all levels
• Active roles in prestigious technical committees for committed individuals
• Regular social and fundraising events
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Here’s what our team say about working with us
Naomi – Senior Laboratory Technician
I have had the opportunity to work in different departments including biocides, cosmetics, and projects. Over the last year, I have finished my apprenticeship, been promoted to senior technician, and been able to further develop my skills to start working in virology. Working here means that I not only get to enjoy benefits, such as company days and bonuses, but also have the opportunity and support to take on responsibilities and further my career.
Alex – Senior Technician
I enjoy working at MSL – it has provided me with opportunities to increase my knowledge and I have been supported and trusted to progress within my role. I am also able to work and study. I am currently doing a part -time degree in Applied Bioscience alongside my work in the virology department. I feel privileged to work for a company that is an EOT (Employee Ownership Trust) as this comes with a range of benefits, which have allowed me to complete personal milestones.
Ben – Technical Manager – Cosmetics
MSL is a great place to work. I started in the media preparation lab and in just eight years have worked my way up to Technical Manager for Cosmetics. As well as microbiological testing, I have been instrumental in driving the development of VeganSure and am proud to be a staff representative on the EOT board.
Amicia – Laboratory Technician
I first came to MSL for a short placement whilst still at university. After graduating in Biomedical Sciences, I returned as a full-time employee and have enjoyed working in several different departments, including regulatory, quality control, and now challenge testing. I am very proud to work at MSL and am confident of a great future here.
Louise – Cosmetics Lab & Quality Manager
MSL is an exciting place to work. I have worked my way up the company, starting in the media prep laboratory and am now Cosmetics Lab & Quality Manager. I have a varied role, carrying out hygiene and GMP audits, leading audits from our accreditation bodies, and providing training for new staff members – no two days are the same!